Skip to main content Skip to footer and site map
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you've safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

By Mail



Enroll By Mail

To enroll by phone, call the U.S Treasury Electronic Payment Solution Center at 1-877-874-6347. Click here for our current operating hours.

U.S. Citizen

Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans, Railroad Retirement or Civil Service (OPM) Benefits

If you are a resident of the United States (or a U.S. territory), download, print, and complete the FS Form 1200 to enroll in direct deposit.  Mail the completed form to:

Go Direct Processing Center
U.S. Department of the Treasury
P.O. Box 650527
Dallas TX 75265-0527

Military Salary

Please contact DFAS/Military Customer Service.

Black Lung

Please contact the Department of Labor. A toll-free number has been designated for each of the nine Division of Coal Mine Workers' Compensation district offices. Please visit the Department of Labor web site for a complete list of district offices and their phone numbers.


Social Security

If you receive Social Security and you live or bank outside the United States, you may still be able to receive your payment by direct deposit. You can have your payment sent to a U.S. bank or credit union regardless of where you live by signing up as described above. You can find out whom to contact about direct deposit of your federal benefit payment by visiting the list of foreign country addresses on the Social Security web site.

If you receive Social Security and you live in another country that is participating in International Direct Deposit (IDD), you may download the appropriate 1199 form and mail the completed form to the address indicated on the form.

Veterans Affairs (VA)

If you receive Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits and you live outside the United States, you must contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Railroad Retirement Board (RRB)

If you receive Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) Benefits and you live outside the United States, you may sign up for International Direct Deposit (IDD), by completing a direct deposit enrollment form (OF 1199-I) and mailing it to:

U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
Direct Deposit Specialist
844 North Rush Street
Chicago IL 60611

Make sure the form is completed accurately and signed. If your form is received and processed before the 15th of the month, your benefit payment will be sent to the new account beginning with the next month's payment.

If you currently have your benefit sent to a stateside financial institution, do NOT close that account until you have verified receipt at the new local bank. Otherwise, your benefit could be returned to the RBB, causing a delay.

If your IDD benefit is not in your account within the first three business days of the month, please call the Railroad Retirement Board to speak with a representative or you may contact your servicing U.S. Embassy to report non-receipt. The U.S. Embassy will notify the RRB.